Lakshadweep aka Lakkadeev is located in the west of Indian mainland in the Arabian sea. It is group of 36 beautiful islands. Having one of the beautiful airstrips in the world, the island groups are famous for its natural beauty. Tourism is allowed in the islands, in which one can reach the islands through ship from Cochin/Kochi or via air from Mumbai to Agatti. Yet, ship cruise from Cochin is the best way to reach. Let’s take a look at an itinerary for the cruise ship trip from Cochin.
The ideal time of visit is from May to October
Lakshadweep islands lie about 220 to 440 kms off the Kerala coast between 8° and 12° North Latitudes and 71° and 74° East Longitudes. The islands are connected to mainland by passenger ships and flights operated from Kochi. The airport is in Agatti and facilities exist for helicopter transfer to Kavaratti Island. The remoteness and pristine beauty of these islands combined with the solitude and peace provided by the verdant environment offer an ideal getaway for holidaymakers.
SAMUDRAM PACKAGE: 4NIGHTS/5 DAYS
A 5 day cruise to kavaratti, kalpeni & minicoy islands in the brand new all-weather liner –m.v.kavaratti .island tour on day time including lunch and other refreshments. Swimming, snorkeling and other water sports during day tour. Night stay in the ship.
- 04 Nights Accommodation In The Ship
- All Meals
- Limited Water Sports
- All Taxes
Day wise Itinerary
We have to check in by 0930 at Lakshadweep passenger scanning center. In the afternoon we will have lunch inside of the ship. By 1600 we will leave from Cochin to Lakshadweep India’s one and only Virgin Coral Paradise. Over night stay in the ship (two berth cabin a/c-diamond class).
We will reach Minicoy after having breakfast & move to the island. After the welcome drink in the resort having light house visit and water sports like swimming, kayaking and visiting Lush green farms of coconut trees. We can also opt for scuba diving by paying an extra amount. In the afternoon after having lunch there will be some cultural programs of the natives and there after village visit and evening tea. Till the evening we will be in the Minicoy Island. In the evening we will move back to the ship for the over night stay. The ship will move to the next island Kalpeni.
Next morning we will reach Kalpeni .After having break fast we will move to the Govt resort in the island. In the Island we can go for Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, under water marine wealth observation through glass bottomed boats and sea bath and Lagoon Cruise. If you are visiting Kalpeni during low tides, you can walk all the way till Cheriyam Island through the coral debris. It is advised that you don’t undertake sea walking barefoot. Not only are the corals sharp, they are also home to variety of marine life like crabs, eels, sea cucumber and colorful fishes. You can spend the time for leisure in the island. Overnight stay in the ship.
Next morning we will reach Kavaratti the administrative Capital of Lakshadweep. . In the Island we can go for Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Light House visit, sea bath and Lagoon Cruise. After lunch we will have cultural programs sight seeing and banyan factory visit and we will return to ship in the evening. Then our ship will move back to Cochin.
Return back to Cochin by 1000 with sweet memories of the Lakshadweep pleasure trip.
- Kavaratti Island – Glass bottomed boat ride, kayaking, visit to fisheries Museum and Folk Dance.
- Kalpeni Island – Snorkeling ,Kayaking, Factory Visit and Folk Dance.
- Minicoy Island – Kayaking, Light House Visit, Village Visit, Folk dance.
- Kadmat Island – Kayaking, Glass bottomed boat ride, Factory visit, Folk DANCE.
- Thinnakara Island – Snorkeling ,Kayaking
- Bangaram Island : Snorkeling,Kayaking
All other Water Sports activities are chargeable
Guidelines while on Lakshadweep Islands……
- The reporting time is 09.30 am. at Sports Office Wellington Island, Cochin
- The scheduled ship departure time is 02.00 pm, however the exact time of departure may vary.
- While on the ship, a representative of SPORTS has been specially designated to assist you. In case of any difficulty, please avail of his services.
- Please note that ships cannot dock at the islands. The facility to dock the ship is not available on all islands. The passengers will be transferred into small boats, which will take them to the island. As you would require to jump in/out of the ship / boat, it is recommended that ladies avoid saris for easier movement.
- The person availing the ship packages should be in sound health.
- Avoid usage of plastic on the islands.
- Please carry sunscreen lotion, umbrellas, caps , etc. as it may be very hot.
- Carry a first-aid kit as per your family’s requirements.
- Carry your special brand cigarettes, cosmetics etc. for use, as only ordinary varieties are available on the islands.
- Do not litter the land or the water.
- Do not pick up corals as souvenirs. It is a punishable offense.
- Do not carry narcotics or drugs. It is prohibited.
- Do not use alcoholic drink, intoxicants while on the islands and on the ship.
- Swimming or sunbathing un-clothed is strictly prohibited.
- Do not go out of your island lagoon without permission of the SPORTS authorities and without a proper escort – it can be risky.
- Do not pluck tender coconuts yourself. The trees are privately owned and unauthorized plucking of coconuts is a theft
- For the Weekend, Lakshadweep Samudram and Coral Reef packages – as you will be spending the full day on the island. Please carry some extra clothes / towels for wash and change, as the facility to wash and change are available on the island.
- All Passengers to hold a valid identity card ( Voters ID / Passport / Driving License)
- Ships arrival timing is subject to weather conditions, current port clearance etc.
- Mobile :- Only BSNL has range on the islands.