Indian show business is more into got glamor than arts these days. To some extent, this is true in the case of Malayalam television and film industry. Though, the responsibilities like family, motherhood etc are factors the pretty woman and their beauty has got a position in the industry and no wonder many noted female actors are replaced by the new faces. Here are some of the hot and happening 30 plus women in the Malayalam Television industry.
- Thesni Khan Debuted in 1988 movie, Daisy, Thesni was noted after she joined the Cinemala series aired by Asianet. Her character of ‘Kanyaka Menon’ became the talk of the town. Still pretty and charming Thesni Khan in 44, is an integral part in the movies these days.
- Sona Nair: One of the favorite faces amongst the Malayalam soaps lovers, Sona Nair is yet another member to this list. At the age of 39, she actively performs both in the mini screen as well as the silver screen.
- Ranjini Haridas A familiar face among the Malayali audience, Ranjini is an anchor turned actor. Her long run in the Star singer as an anchor gained her the chances for comparing various shows in and out of India. This Miss Kerala 2000 started her acting as a child artist in the 1986 movie Geetham, along with Mammootty and Mohanlal. Currently, she is hosting the music reality show called ‘Music India’ aired by Asianet.
- Neena Kurup: Another notable female figure in the Malayalam Television industry is Neena Kurup. She came to the industry after being acted in the 1986 movie Gandhinagar 2nd Street and Sreedharante Onnam Thirumurivu (1987). She later acted in various television soaps like Gopika, Valkannadi, Innale etc. She was also an inmate in the controversial reality show ‘Malayali House’. At 47, Neena Kurup is proving to be a successful artist and still got the capabilities to entertain the fans.
- Rachana Narayanakutty When compared with the other ladies in this category, Rachana is a bit late comer for the industry. yet she was able to make her presence something special.
- Nyla Usha: Nyla came into the show business after her marriage. She was into anchoring and been a jockey for a while. But, her luck changed after she appeared in Mammootty starring ‘Kunjananthante Kada’ at the age of 31. Her role in ‘Punyalan Agarbathies’.
- Reena Basheer: Reena is a proud mother who made her mark in the show business after her marriage. Married at the age of 18, she anchored a couple of cookery shows in Amrita TV and Asianet. She also acted in more than 25 movies in Malayalam. Her ability to do the role of the television anchor and character roles in a unique manner gives her a special spot in the industry.
- Niya: Niya is a familiar face to the Malayalam television soap viewers. Though she is 30, she has already proved her ability to do the roles of mothers and mother-in-laws.
- Anu Joseph: Anu Joseph is a recognizable face to everyone. The delightful tall young lady with long and thick hair is the picture that strikes a chord’s the point at which we hear this name. Anu Joseph was born in the year 1978 and she hails from Kasargod, the northern most area of Kerala. Anu is a performer and in addition a model and a dance specialist as well. Anu Joseph has shown up in numerous serials and in a few motion pictures too. She has demonstrated that both parody and serious roles can be overall taken care of by her. The satire serial ‘Karyam Nissaram’ broadcasted in Kairali WE TV and Minnukettu publicized on Surya TV has picked up her more notoriety and prominence.